Common name: Madagascar Palm
How to make Pachypodium saundersii cuttings grow
- Stem cuttings: yes
- Leaf cuttings: no
- Root cuttings/runners: no
- Time: the year round
- Lighting: bright to part sunny with morning, evening or winter sun
- Soil: mixes for cacti, indoor plants, herbs or vegetables
- Temperature: 20 to 30 °C
- New growth after: first roots are shown after 4 to 8 weeks
- More infos: contact with the plant sap can cause skin irritation.
Wear gloves when working with Pachypodium saundersii.
Let cut surface callous over before potting. Therefor place them on a sun protected place.
The cuttings root better if the pot is covered with a freezer bag or placed in a indoor greenhouse.
Most of the leaves should be removed. They would dy back anyway.